Sport and Exercise Medicine Physician
Dr. Sophie Armstrong is a Sport and Exercise Medicine Physician. She consults on all musculoskeletal related issues, acute and chronic, from all ages and level of sporting participation in the Sydney area.
Keeping patients active and healthy is fundamental to Sophie’s management; this encompasses a collaborative and patient centered approach.
Sophie has an interest and expertise in all things Netball being Netball Australia’s Chief Medical Officer, Head Doctor to the Australian Netball Diamonds, and Head Doctor to Giants Netball. Sophie will also be part of the Australian Medical Team at the upcoming Commonwealth Games in 2018.
A consultation with Dr. Sophie Armstrong involves the following:
- Diagnosis of injury
- A thorough clinical examination
- Treatment of injury symptoms
- Investigation recommendations
- Management strategies related to the injury or ailment
- Patient education to help avoid future injury occurrence
- Assessment and treatment of chronic medical conditions
- A personalised exercise and recovery program
- Access to allied professional health services such as physiotherapy, podiatry and nutrition
- Communication with your GP and existing or referring health and exercise professionals.