On your initial appointment, please bring:
- Relevant letters from your doctor, treating physiotherapist, chiropractor, and allied health practitioner
- All relevant scans, x-rays and test results
- A list of medications, if appropriate
On arrival at your consultation, you will be asked to fill out an information sheet by one of Dr. Sophie Armstrong’s secretaries, if not already completed online. Consultations are scheduled for 30 minutes and involve both discussing your problem and an appropriate physical examination. Every effort is made to run to schedule but occasionally delays can occur due to the nature of medical consultations.
A consultation will involve the following:
- Diagnosis of injury
- A thorough clinical examination
- Treatment of injury symptoms
- Investigation recommendations
- Management strategies related to the injury or ailment
- Patient education to help avoid future injury occurrence
- Assessment and treatment of chronic medical conditions
- A personalised exercise and recovery program
- Access to allied professional health services such as physiotherapy, podiatry and nutrition
- Communication with your GP and existing or referring health and exercise professionals.
Patients can expect a sound overview and understanding of their condition with an appropriate strategy moving forward.
There is a charge for your consultation, which is payable at the time of consultation, part of which you can claim back from Medicare. Please contact the relevant clinic for more information.
Missed appointments affect the ability to provide timely attention to patients. When a patient does not show up for their appointment, another patient loses an opportunity to be seen. If you are unable to attend your appointment, we respectfully ask that you notify the clinic at least 24 hours in advance.